Step Up to the Plate @ your library
Season seven of Step Up to the Plate @ your library is now closed.
Thank you for playing!
Stuart Wolf, a Wilmette (Ill.) Public Library patron, has won the grand prize in the 2012 Step Up to the Plate @ your library program.
Stuart Wolf’s father and son will join him on a trip to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, N.Y. at the end of October for a once-in-a-lifetime behind-the-scenes tour of the library and archives.
With a father who worked for the Chicago White Sox, Wolf was destined to love baseball. A love of baseball continues to unite the Wolf family, despite cheering for different Chicago teams. In fact, it was both his love of family and baseball that lead Wolf to ultimately enter this year’s Step Up to the Plate contest 10 out of the program’s 14-week running time.
“I had recently asked my dad what he would like for his birthday, and he told me he had always wanted to go to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum,” said Wolf. “Two days later, I saw the sign at my library for Step Up to the Plate.”
In addition to the museum tour, the Wolf family will attend the museum’s World Series Gala.
Not only does the Wolf family have a passion for baseball, but a deep admiration for libraries, attending programs, checking out books and using library resources to do research for work and school at the Wilmette (Ill.) Public Library. One of the family’s favorite activities is renting DVD sets of TV shows that they watch together.
“I am impressed by everything my library has to offer,” said Wolf. “As a family, we are very fortunate to have such a great library that provides resources for all our different needs.”
Want to be among the first to know? Follow atyourlibrary.org:
sign-up for the atyourlibrary.org newsletter
- Each week, a new question will be posted here.
- You will have one week to answer the question. If you get stuck, visit your library for help!
- All correct answers submitted each week will be entered into a weekly drawing for a prize package. Each Monday, the week's winners will be posted on our Facebook page at facebook.com/atyourlibrary and winners will be notified through the email address provided on the entry form.
- Remember to come back each week to answer a new question. Every correct answer increases your chances of winning the grand prize! Limit one entry per player per question. We'll post the answers to questions from previous weeks so players can determine if they've answered correctly.
- In September, all players' correct answers submitted throughout the season (June 4- Sept. 8) will be entered into the final drawing for the grand prize – a trip for two to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum!
- Grand Prize: A trip for two to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum to attend the World Series Gala and a behind the scenes tour of the museum and archives in Oct. 2012.
- Weekly runners up: A prize package from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.